Accreditation and Quality Assurance:
- Member of "THE ASSOCIATION TO ADVANCE COLLEGIATE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS"
- Enrollment in the bachelor program of business law and the bachelor and master programs of accounting has been allowed according to the requirements of the Higher Education Accreditation Commission and its quality assurance.
- A new specialization at the bachelor level has been approved by the Accreditation Commission under the name of “Digital Marketing" in the Department of Business Administration.
- The dean, chairmen of the faculty departments, and quality committees in these departments addressed the competence exam and its weaknesses. Mechanisms and a time plan for treatment were proposed by the departments. Then, these plans were discussed within the department councils to work together to improve the results of the competence exam. The college students were also contacted to be aware of the importance of the competence exam and the outcomes of that exam, which will be positively reflected on them after graduation.
- Implementing the instructions of the Higher Education Accreditation Commission received from the Quality and Development Center at Al al-Bayt University.
- The Digital Marketing specialization has been created in the Department of Business Administration.
- Six instructors of PhD and 6 instructors of Master degree were appointed in order to provide the departments with qualified scientific competencies, distributed as follows: 3 PhD instructors and 3 Master degree instructors in the Accounting Department, 2 PhD and 2 Master in the Department of Business Administration, and one PhD and one Master in the Finance and Banking Department.
Developing and Updating Study Plans:
- The courses offered by the faculty have been described in accordance with a form approved by the Department of Quality Assurance and Planning. The number of these courses is 205 distributed as follows: 55 courses in the Accounting Department, 40 courses in the Finance and Banking Department, 43 courses in the Economics of Finance and Business Department, and 68 courses in the Business Administration and Public Administration Department.
- The study plans of the academic programs have been modified at both the bachelor and master levels. The number of these plans is 14 distributed as the following: 4 plans in the Accounting Department, 4 plans in the Finance and Banking Department, 3 plans in the Economics of Finance and Business Department, and 3 plans in the Business Administration and Public Administration Department.
- A study plan of the new specialization “Digital Marketing" in the Business Administration Department has been prepared at the bachelor level.
- A new study plan for the comprehensive exam track has been updated at the master level in the specialization of Economics and Global Cooperation.
- Some compulsory and optional courses have been updated at the bachelor level in the specializations of Accounting and Economics of Finance and Business.
Preparation of Electronic Educational Materials:
- The academic staff participated in courses held by the Center of the Academic Staff Development to learn how to prepare electronic courses to meet the needs of the current stage of COVID-19 pandemic and to go in line with the trilateral executive plan (2020-2022) for the purpose of integrating the electronic education into the university academic programs.
- Electronic materials were designed in the forms of PDF, power point, videos for the courses that were taught during the 2nd and summer semesters of the academic year 2019-2020 to keep up with the circumstances in light of the Corona pandemic and to achieve the continuity of online learning.
- The educational electronic materials have been uploaded on the main university platform “Moodle" for the students to follow up their courses.
- The number of subscriptions to databases containing scientific journals related to the economic and administrative sciences has been increased.
- The latest references have been provided for the courses taught in the academic departments of the faculty to keep up with the modifications and developments of the international and global criteria.
- Through lectures, students have been made aware of the importance of paper books and the need to make use of the references available for the courses in the Hashemite Library to maximize the benefit of the course given to them during the lectures.
Scientific Research and Conferences:
- The faculty staff have published 88 manuscripts at international peer-reviewed scientific journals listed in regional and international databases.
- A number of the faculty staff of the Economics of Finance and Business and Business Administration departments have participated in two conferences which are: Phi's Research and Innovation Summit and the Cooperation between Jordanian and American Universities Conference.
- Graduate students have published some extracts from their theses in conjunction with their supervisors in specialized scientific journals.
- Graduate students have been encouraged to focus on applied research and the latest topics and developments in relation with local and international criteria.
- Graduate students have been aware of the method of writing and publishing research papers in international scientific journals and conferences through the course of Research Methodology.
- Activating Moodle as a main platform for online learning in light of the current circumstances of Corona pandemic and to keep up with the developments of integrating online learning into the university education.
- Activating other platforms such as Zoom, google classrooms, and Facebook groups to explain the courses, facilitate communication with students, motivate and support them psychologically, after frustration happened to many students due to the health conditions of the Corona pandemic and the sudden transition to online learning.
- A number of the students of the Accounting Department participated in three competitions: KPMG in which they came in the third position, CMA and CAATs and the students came in the second position in these two competitions.
- Students of the Accounting Department obtained 35 scholarships for the certificate of Certified Management Accountant (CMA).
- The Dean Assistant of Students Affairs followed up the students' matters particularly those of the graduates in accordance with the chairmen of the departments, the department of admission and registration, and other related departments.
- The chairmen of the departments activated the academic guidance through dividing the students into groups based on the year of admission.
- The service of sending emails to students on their portals was activated to inform them with everything new related to their academic courses.
- Students were guided to make use of the guidance plan uploaded on the faculty departments' websites.
- The syllabus of courses was published on the websites of the faculty departments in preparation for establishing electronic library on the website of each department containing the course material, previous exam questions, assignments and likewise.
Developing the Efficiency and Capabilities of Faculty Staff:
- A group of the faculty staff was promoted to the ranks of associate professor and professor.
- A number of the faculty members were appointed to permanent service after completing the required conditions.
- The faculty members were provided with their evaluation by the students on a quarterly basis, through the Center of the Development of the Academic Staff, to identify weaknesses in order to raise the level of performance by addressing weaknesses and enhancing the positive points.
- The faculty members have supervised the undergraduate theses for postgraduate students.
- The faculty members participated in a workshop on e-learning and how to use “Moodle" platform.
- The faculty members participated in a workshop on how to fill in a form of describing courses.
- The faculty members participated in a workshop on how to prepare an electronic material.
- The faculty members participated in a workshop on how to prepare electronic exams.
Content Development of College and Department Websites
- The website content of the faculty and departments was reviewed and the data and details it needs were determined to enrich it with all the needs of students and the needs of individuals and other external parties.
- The Assistant Dean for Quality and the Quality Liaison Officers in the departments discussed what will be implemented on the university's website during the year 2020-2021 and identified the work mechanism of implementing this.
- The research aspect of faculty members has been addressed as 88 manuscripts have been published at international peer-reviewed scientific journals listed in regional and international databases.
- Faculty members participated in conferences outside the university campus.
- Faculty members participated in internal committees and provided local consultations.
- Students were prepared to participate in specialized competitions such as CMA, CAATS, and KPMG.
- A number of faculty members of the Economics of Finance and Business Department participated in five seminars held outside the university, namely: the German DAAD grants, Fulbright grants, Yarmouk University International Week of International Cooperation, combating gender-based violence and finally introducing the Erasmus Plus program to universities in the North Region.
- A number of courses were held under the name of "Qualifying Accountants to the Labor Market" in cooperation with the Center of Consultation, Technical Services and Community Development, targeting university students and the local community.
- Holding a course on how to prepare a CV.