The Institute of Islamic Architecture and Arts was established at Al al-Bayt University in 1994 to serve its objectives of developing a sense of belonging to Islamic civilization and its values, recognizing its heritage and achievement towards the promotion of arts and art, as well as advancing science among Muslims and seeking to reconnect science with its Islamic origins. The Institute offers Master's Program in Islamic Architecture, Arts and Music, and in 2001 the Bachelor's Program in Architecture Engineering was launched.
The Institute developed to be the Faculty of Engineering as of the beginning of the academic year 2010/2011 in which the Department of Architecture and Islamic Arts was established followed by the Civil Engineering and Survey Engineering departments. The Department of Renewable Energy Engineering was founded at the start of the academic year 2013/2014. The Master's program was introduced in the Department of Architecture Engineering in 2021/2022
The Faculty participates in the preparation of qualified engineering cadres for the country and the region in general. It aims to establish cultural values and build scientific foundations that meet the needs of the local community at the national level and Mafraq governorate, especially after announcing it an industrial development zone. The Faculty was able to attract a distinguished elite of faculty members who obtained knowledge from various local and international universitites, providing it with academic and research expertise.
In 2020, the new building of the Faculty of Engineering was opened and designed to meet the necessary requirements for teaching theoretical and practical courses. It is equipped with the studios, scientific laboratories and classroom halls containing the latest devices and advanced scientific means that keep pace with the development in the various fields of engineering project , especially in the field of the use of technical means in computer architectural drawing and the demonstration of modern engineering projects and sophisticated programs in structural analysis, project management, geographic information systems and others.
The faculty has 38 members, 1153 students, and 3309 graduate students.