Achieving the highest levels of academic excellence and leadership in the field of geographic information systems and remote sensing, and supporting research, programs, curricula and specialized training in this field of knowledge in line with the requirements and needs of the local, regional and international community.
Providing qualified academic, administrative and technical cadres in all fields of knowledge for geographic information sciences and remote sensing, providing them with the best technologies and equipment, rehabilitating, training and managing them according to the best scientific and professional methods and methodologies, while providing a harmonious academic work environment that helps and motivate them to scientific research, creativity and leadership in their specialized fields of knowledge with the aim of enabling them to Taking care and directing students at all stages of study to get the best educational outcomes and achieve the desired goals.
- Preparing qualified academic specialists in geographic information systems and remote sensing, whether as distinguished technicians through the bachelor's program or as outstanding researchers through the master's program in line with the needs and aspirations of the local, regional and international labor market
- Developing and improving the scientific, academic and research capabilities of the specialist in geographic information systems and remote sensing, whether they are from inside or outside the university, by keeping up-to-date with the most important knowledge, technologies and practices of the geographic information sciences and the related fields of knowledge.
- Spreading knowledge among decision makers and those interested in the outstanding capabilities of GIS and remote sensing in solving many complicated problems in their entities and encouraging them to move from the traditional methods of dealing with geo-spatial data to the creative methods and solutions that GIS can offer them.
- Contribute to providing scientific, technical and academic advice to all public and private local community institutions in order to contribute to addressing and solving problems and issues and studying various scientific phenomena related to geographic information sciences.
- Supporting and developing the teaching and technical capabilities and skills of the faculty members and the technical and administrative staff in the department by integrating them into continuing education programs and specialized training courses
- Contribute to the formulation and implementation of strategies, plans and policies aimed to develop the faculty and raising its academic and scientific grade through the application and implementation of local and international accreditation standards and quality assurance requirements specialized in scientific faculties.
- Strengthening partnerships with the College of Earth Sciences, the Department of Earth Sciences and Applied Environment, and local and international centers of joint academic, research and scientific interest to develop the teaching and research process.
- Commitment to academic and professional ethics that guarantee the highest degrees of scientific excellence, professional mastery and a sense of responsibility.
- Academic excellence, professional proficiency and professionalism in performance that ensure the highest levels of quality and superiority in academic, technical and administrative perspectives
- Teamwork: in a way that enhances the spirit of partnership and creativity, demonstrates individual capabilities, and creates an atmosphere of constructive cooperation in the work environment.
- Creativity: Developing the spirit of creativity and encouraging excellence in a way that enhances everyone's belief in the ability to find innovative solutions and unprecedented ways to solve problems.