Current tasks of the department:
Main Systems and Databases Division
- Monitoring performance of main servers, operating systems, and the applications that is related to computer center.
- Sustain the operation of main servers and its accessories, databases, and applications.
- Protect main servers from any threats that may affect the security of the main sites in the university.
- Performing backup operation for data in the main servers, saving backup tapes, and restore data from tapes if necessary.
- Performing installation for operating systems and necessary software at main servers.
- Save and archive technical support documents and catalogs for main servers.
and implement the necessary plans to ensure continuous services of the
university systems outside official working hours.
- Provide e-mail service and activate its use in official correspondences.
- Follow up maintenance contracts for main servers and different contents of the main site in the computer center.
- Provide technical support for main servers’ users.
- Drawing diagrams and preparing necessary plans for main servers in the site with continuous updates.
- Creating databases for all main systems in the university.
- Recording all modifications and deleting transactions at databases records.
- Creating account for database users and performing edit operations on it from add, modify, and delete.
- Give the necessary permissions for databases users.
up and monitoring performance of databases to increase its performance
to support the largest number of users at the same time.
- Performing backup for databases and performing data restore if necessary.
- Installing necessary files for databases systems and preparing the work environment for databases.
- Control databases systems and observing it continue working properly. (Create and delete databases).
continuous maintenance for databases to ensure high speed and
efficiency in the query, add, delete, and modify operations.
Network and Protection Division
- Monitoring status of computer network and its performance at university.
- Follow up projects related to computer network in university.
- Participating in technical committees by defining the technical specifications, studying the offers, and receiving devices.
- Providing suggestions and solutions to computer network related subjects.
- Follow up maintenance contracts for computer network.
- Provide technical support to users of the computer network.
- Continuous maintenance for the infrastructure of computer network.
- Archiving computer network components and monitoring any changers over it.
- Providing internet service for all users in university.
- Providing technical opinions in the status of terminal screens, dongle, and printers.